Sunday, 16 January 2011

Why I like Hannah (1 samuel 1)

So this week I read 1 Samuel 1 again. It was a passage someone gave me while I was at Mercy and has become really important to me. Why? I feel inspired by Hannah, the woman who was barren. I feel I really connect with her. There are dreams deep in my heart that have not yet come to pass, though I long for them with everything in me. Then I come to God in desperation and like Hannah pour out my hurt and pain and yet still I wait. Still I wonder when? if? they will happen!

But why is Hannah so inspiring to me? Because she didnt give up! Because she continued to come to the temple to worship God, year after year! Evan though she was hurting, evan though she was provoked by the other woman who was there. She put God first and then finally she vowed that if God would give her what she most desired-a child, she would give the child back to God to serve him in the temple. She was prepared to give away the thing she most wanted! Inspiring!

So evan though if Im honest, deep down it is hard and it hurts! I love God and I continue to worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment