Thursday, 18 November 2010

The Value of Creativity

I thought this might be a good place to start. Why is creativity important to me? Why do I value it?
Firstly, I think it comes from God. I think its a gift and one I feel blessed and privilaged(sp?) to have. I also think its something to pass on to others. I think it makes a difference somehow.

Also, for me personally I think it gives me a voice to express things that I cant really express so easily in words, especially through music and worship. I think there's a transition somehow from a place that can be hard and painful to something better. Through creating something rather than becoming stuck in the struggles and hardships that life can bring, I find an outlet and a sense of acievement. I feel I am starting to fulfill God's call on my life.

I think there are precious moments of beauty in this world and we need to have eyes to see them. I went for a walk the other week in the sunshine and decided to take some photos. Im not really a photographer and have never been into it in a big way. But I really got something through doing it. There were some breathtaking moments of enjoying Gods creation and was stunned by the beauty I saw.

A passion I have is to use Music to help people. I not sure exactly what form that will take yet. I think giving hurting and broken people an outlet for their pain and giving them the chance to create something better out of that place would be an incredible privilage. I dont know exactly what my future looks like, but I have faith it will be good, because God is in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment