Monday, 27 December 2010

Digging deeper...

So, the last few weeks have been interesting to say the least!

After being through what Id call a mountaintop experience with God, where things Ive long been waiting for starting to come to fulrition, I seen to have returned to the valley.

God has been so good to me and have been and continue to be so aware of His love for me and His plans being unfolded in my life. This I have seen in the freedom I have found in areas in my life, where I never thought that would be possible. Through getting a job and somewhere to live independently and being well enough to try coming off my anti-depressants.

But for whatever reason(well there are a few!) I have found Christmas really difficult! God has revealed to me areas of hurt from my past that He wants to heal. The temptation is there to get stuck. To get pressed down by this and circumstances that have been so stressful. I have given in at times. I think because I didnt understand what was happening. Why God would let me go through this!

But now I think I do. I think He wants to take me deeper. Back through the valley. Revisit some places(but not stay there this time!) and let Him heal. Its hard here, but also peaceful because I know it will bear fruit and that God is with me. So Im expectant and Im pressing on with Him!

2 comments:

  1. If God reveals stuff to us, for us to deal with, he also has the knowledge that he wouldn't do it unless he thought you could cope with it. I have been thinking and interceding about the parents of Joanna Yeates who lost their Landcsape Architeture Daughter - and I was thinking about these verses:

    2 Corinthians 12:8-10 (New International Version, ©2010)


    8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

    God knows what you need at this time of stretching.

    Proverbs 3:12 because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.

    This isn't a bad thing necessarily, as God is always sees the potential, and how he can use the situation to change you into his image. Also he sees what is beyond what we can see, in terms of how he has changed us, but knows the steps we need to take to get there and how to do so.

    I don't think you should be worried about getting "stuck" as God promises to walk through the valley of shadow of death - "Even though I go through the valley of death, I fear no evil, for your rod and staff they comfort me." Now in the psalm, he is moving, walking with us. I don't think God would just leave you stuck in the middle of a darkness.
    The bible is full of promises of God going with the people of Israel, the prophets, and he promises in the new testament to his disciples - and for us.

    Stick in it, God is with you.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruth! Good to have your insight and wisdom! xxx

    ReplyDelete